Liv over at Milk & Honey tagged me to do this post! If you have not been to visit her over on her blog, you should absolutely go check her out! She is an amazing Green Beauty Blogger and her posts and reviews are always detailed and full of great information!
Let’s Get Started!
1. What started it all off for you? I originally decided to change to cruelty free products, when I stumbled upon Phyrra’s channel on YouTube and realized I had never thought about how makeup was made and had no clue animal testing was still happening. You can read my whole post on my reasons for making the switch here. Once I started research on cruelty free makeup, I have been gradually drawn into more and more green and vegan friendly products (although I am not a vegan).
2. What was the first thing to go? (Ingredient or product) My skincare by Philosophy. I really loved how Purity cleansed my skin and made it soft, but it wasn’t cruelty free, so once I finished up what I had, I was on the hunt for a cruelty free/green alternative!
3. What are you/did you struggle to let go of? Shampoo and Conditioner. I have naturally curly hair and have a massive stockpile of products that I am working through, but the few animal friendly/green products I have tried, I haven’t been super impressed with the results with my hair. I am still looking for a great green hair care system for naturally curly hair. Any suggestions?
4. What has been your best find or change? (i.e a green product or a tip that you’re really glad you’ve found/learnt) My Petit Vour Subscription has been the best investment in green beauty that I have made. I have found so many amazing brands and products through Petit Vour! It is 15.00 month and all products are cruelty free and vegan friendly.
5. What has been the worst thing about going green? What has been the hardest to transition or find an adequate green replacement of? Shampoo/Conditioner/Styling Products for my naturally curly hair. Like I said in #3 I have a big collection of stuff I need to work through, but I do randomly try green/cruelty free products and nothing has worked for me so far.
6. Anything else to add? Any tips or tricks to pass on? It can be intimidating to try and change everything all at once. Pick one thing to focus on at a time, like foundation or one part of your skin care routine (finding a cruelty free/green cleanser, serum or eye cream) Don’t feel you have to throw out all your non cruelty free/green products and start everything from scratch! Like I said earlier, I am still working through Hair Care Products I have stored up, because the cheap side of me, can’t waste the money I spent on them. I really really recommend Petit Vour for a great way to slowly start building your green beauty stash!
Once again thanks to Liv for tagging me, and I would like to tag all my fellow cruelty free/green beauty blogger friends!
Please let me know if you do this tag as I would love to read your answers!
Thanks for reading!