I saw this tag over on I Am Your Beauty Whisperer’s Blog and it seemed fun, so I thought I would give it a try! If you haven’t checked out Angela’s page, go do it now!
1. How old were you when you started wearing makeup? I know I was allowed to start wearing makeup in high school, but I don’t really remember using a lot of it…like ever?
2. How did you get into makeup? I was never really into makeup. Even in my 20’s I wasn’t super interested. I had the basics, but that was all. It wasn’t until my 30’s that I wanted to start finding the best products I could that would work for me. This past January (2014) I made a resolution to get my makeup act together and that is when things kicked into gear for me.
3. What are some of your favorite brands? Ooohh I have a bunch!
4. What does makeup mean to you? It is FUN! I really am just enjoying trying different products.
5. If you could only wear four products on your face what would they be? It Cosmetics CC Cream, Anastasia Brow Wiz, the Balm’s Frat Boy Blush and It Cosmetics Tightline Mascara.
6. What is your favorite thing about makeup? How it can give me a shot of confidence. Sometimes when I have a meeting with teachers or therapists or condescending doctors, having a look that is pulled together can feel like armour.
7. What do you think of drugstore vs high end makeup? I have and enjoy both! However, I have found that as I get older, my skin needs more help and skin care and BB Cream/Foundation/CC Cream are worth the investment.
8. What is one tip/advice you would give a beginner? I still consider myself a beginner because there is a lot I don’t know. I guess I would say to concentrate on one aspect at a time to master. Don’t try to do everything at once!
9. What is one makeup trend you never understood? I’m not sure. Makeup is so personal and different people have different ideas of beauty. So, while there are some trends that I would not personally embrace, I love to see everyone’s makeup looks.
10. What do you think of the YouTube/Blogging beauty community? I understand some people have had negative experiences, but everyone I have interacted with has been extremely kind and generous!
Well, that is the tag! I hope you enjoyed it! I am not tagging anyone specifically but let me know if you decide to do it and I will come check it out!
Thanks for reading!