Mommy Beauty Nominated me for the Liebster Award! Thank you so much! I’m kind of stunned and so grateful that someone thought of me and my little blog of randomness! If you haven’t checked her blog out, you need to go over there right now, I’ll wait here….Okay, now that you have checked out her blog and obviously you subscribed, because you have great taste, let’s get going with this post!
For those of you not familiar with the Liebster Award, it is an award given to new bloggers with less than 200 followers with a list of rules. The rules are as follows:
1. Thank the person that nominated you.
2. Post 11 facts about yourself
3. Answer 11 questions posted by the person who nominated you.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers with less than 200 followers that you
think deserve recognition.
5. Inform those bloggers that you have nominated them.
6. Post 11 questions for them to answer.
11 Facts about Me:
1. I have a horrible sense of direction (hence my blog name)
2. I have an extreme eye phobia. I can’t wear contacts because of the phobia. My parents offered to pay for Lasik before I got married and I had a freak out during the consultation and walked out. Glasses for Life!
3. I have never watched a single Bond, Rambo or Rocky movie
4. Even though I am grateful to be a stay at home mom, I sometimes really miss my old job (and the extra income!)
5. Since Liam’s Autism Diagnosis and learning about ASD, I have come to learn several things about myself and my own sensory issues, for example: I can clean a bathroom no problem, but if you want me to hand wash dirty dishes my whole body freaks the eff out. Can I make myself do it? Yes, if I wear thick plastic gloves but I still feel freaked out. I never had the vocabulary to explain it (and a few other things) before, so I’m so glad I have the knowledge and the freedom to let myself decline to do something that my whole body fights. Luckily, Trent is awesome so he does the dishes 🙂
6. If you call me while I am watching one of my favorite shows, you better be on your way to the ER, otherwise I may hang up on you. Luckily, my friends and family all know this about me!
7. I turned 35 this year and for the first time, I had a hard time with getting older. I don’t know why 35 seems so “big” to me, it just does.
8. Liam is not my son’s real name. I didn’t want to put his real info on the interwebz 🙂
9. Most of my extended family is conservative. One of the few perks of being the big 35 is that this year, I have just been like “nope, not gonna pretend about who I am or what I think anymore” I am not a super liberal or anything but I am definitely moderate (although my extended family thinks I have gone to the dark side). I’m never rude but if I want to put something out on my personal FB I don’t worry about what people will think anymore. I have lost some “friends” over it but the sense of freedom is amazing.
10. I love hot sauce. I’m known for it in my circle. One of my friends recently bought me a mini tabasco sauce she saw while on vacation.
11. It is really hard to think of 11 things about yourself 🙂
Questions from Mommy Beauty:
1. Why did you decide to start blogging? I started when my son Liam was diagnosed with Autism. I needed a place to get my thoughts together. It has since evolved into a blog about our family life, my recent makeup obsession and my need to talk about my fandoms (tv shows).
2. What is your guilty pleasure? Right now? Cadbury Mini Eggs. I wait all year for this candy!
3. What is your favourite skin care item? Ole Henriksen Truth Serum.
4. If you were a type of wine, what type would you be? I actually don’t/can’t drink so I’m not sure! I have epilepsy and alcohol and my meds mixing are not a good idea.
5. What is one thing people would be surprised to find out about you? I love to read fanfiction. My favorite website is Twisting the Hellmouth.
6. What is the best beauty advice you have ever received? Do what makes you feel good about yourself.
7. What country do you live in? United States
8. When I ask what makes you happy? What is the first thing that pops into your head? My son learning to communicate! Verbally or Picture Exchange is fine with me!
9. What is your favourite makeup brand? Higher End is Too Faced and Drugstore is a tie between NYX & Wet n Wild
10. Have you ever tried any natural beauty treatments and what was it? Not yet, but I have a list of things I want to try!
11. What is your favourite movie or book? My favorite book of all time is The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley. It is the story of King Arthur, but told from the point of view of his Mother, Aunt, Sister and Wife. It is an epic novel (both in scope and length) but it is so detailed and just amazing. I highly recommend it! MZB also wrote a series of prequel type series about how Avalon came to be which also rocks.
I don’t “know” 10 bloggers well enough to nominate the full amount, but here are some great blogs that I follow and really enjoy! You should check them out and subscribe!
Questions I would like to ask the Nominees:
1. What new makeup release (Spring/Summer 2014) has you most excited?
2. What is your current beauty addiction?
3. Liquid eyeliner, pencil or gel?
4. Where do you tend to buy your makeup/beauty products?
5. Who is your celebrity beauty icon?
6. What household chore do you hate the most?
7. What are your top three tv shows?
8. Have you ever met a celebrity? If yes, who?
9. What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten? Did you like it?
10. What is your favorite exercise? (class, dvd, machine, etc)
11. What is your favorite holiday?
To the Nominees: Please let me know when you post your replies, I would love to read them!
Thanks for reading!